- To prep filling, whip together pimento cheese and cream cheese. You can use a fork for this but for best results beat it with either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for a minute or two. Transfer to a sturdy plastic bag for easier piping.
- Preheat a sturdy skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and once hot, add peppers. Cook until the peppers char on both sides, maybe 2-3 minutes per side. Try not to overcook them or they will get too soggy.
- Remove peppers and let cool.
- Slice each pepper open down the center. It’s okay to leave the seeds in. They shouldn’t be spicy.
- Pipe in pimento cheese filling and garnish with sesame seeds.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fNe.