Three ingredients is all it takes to make these beautiful charred and cheese-stuffed shishito peppers. They will go fast. Make a double batch!
18-20 shishito peppers
1/2 cup pimento cheese spread
2 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon canola oil
Sesame seeds, garnish
- To prep filling, whip together pimento cheese and cream cheese. You can use a fork for this but for best results beat it with either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for a minute or two. Transfer to a sturdy plastic bag for easier piping.
- Preheat a sturdy skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and once hot, add peppers. Cook until the peppers char on both sides, maybe 2-3 minutes per side. Try not to overcook them or they will get too soggy.
- Remove peppers and let cool.
- Slice each pepper open down the center. It’s okay to leave the seeds in. They shouldn’t be spicy.
- Pipe in pimento cheese filling and garnish with sesame seeds.