This simple and tasty pasta salad is packed with lots of spring flavors like artichokes, cherry tomatoes, and fresh green beans.
1) Chop ends off of green beans and cut in half.
2) Blanch green beans in salted boiling water for about 90 seconds until they are bright green, but still slightly crunchy.
3) Remove green beans from water with slotted spoon and add to ice water to stop the cooking.
4) Cook whole wheat pasta in same water according to package instructions. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
5) Chop all other veggies. Be sure to drain artichokes and beans before chopping. Rinse the beans also with cold water.
6) Add veggies to pasta and drizzle with more olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
7) Chill until ready to serve.