Quinoa mixed with a bunch of veggies, some feta, and a nice homemade pesto makes for a great weekday lunch dish!
8 ounces quinoa, cooked
1 small red onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 orange or green pepper, diced
1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and diced
1 Cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 large beet, roasted and diced (opt.)
1/3 Cup parsley, chopped
Makes about 1 1/2 cups pesto
2 Cups basil
2 cloves garlic
1/3 Cup pine nuts
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and pepper
1) Combine pesto ingredients in a processor and pulse until combined.
2) Cook quinoa according to package and set aside.
3) While quinoa cooks, chop all your veggies and roast your beet (350 for about an hour) if you’re using beets.
4) Combine veggies with quinoa. Crumble in feta. Toss with pesto.
5) The salad is best if you let it chill before serving.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-58h.