Flaky chocolate cookies packed with a variety of spices that provide a serious and surprising kick!
1) Grind black pepper, cinnamon, and allspice in a spice grinder.
2) Sift spices with all other dry ingredients and set aside.
3) Roughly crunch pink peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or just the back of a knife.
4) In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add pink peppercorns and beat until smooth and light, about 5 minutes.
5) Mix in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
6) Slowly add in dry ingredients and combine until the dough comes together. Try not to over mix it.
7) Scoop dough out onto wax paper and roll into a cylinder about 2 inches in diameter.
8) Chill dough for at least an hour.
9) Slice dough into 1/4 inch cookies and add cookies to baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
10) Bake at 375 degrees for about 7-8 minutes.
11) Move cookies to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes.