Peanut Butter Omelet with Candied Bacon: This might sound crazy, but with a few tips and tricks this omelet is ridiculously delicious. The key is some perfectly candied bacon!
- Add chopped bacon to a small omelet skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until bacon is browned and getting crispy. Drain off most the bacon grease, reserving about a teaspoon for later. Add jam to the skillet and stir together with the bacon. Let bacon continue to cook for a minute or two so the jam glazes on the bacon.
- Remove bacon and let cool. Wipe out skillet well.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add reserved teaspoon of bacon grease. Whisk eggs well and pour into the skillet. Let cook for about 2 minutes on the first side until the eggs are mostly set. Carefully flip eggs so the second side can cook.
- After the omelet is flipped, add candied bacon to one side of the omelet and drizzle peanut butter over it. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Fold omelet over in half and slide onto a plate.
- Serve omelet immediately with scallions and possibly an extra drizzle of peanut butter.
NOTE ON PB: Use a good quality peanut butter that’s creamy but has no added sugar. It should be thin enough to be pourable. If your peanut butter seems too thick, add a teaspoon of water to about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter an microwave it on high for 15 seconds. That should thin it out.