A quick and filling panini featuring a fantastic flavor combo with peanut butter, honey, bacon, and bananas.
1) Lay out the bacon strips on a sheet pan or on a cooling rack and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until the strips are very crispy. Let the bacon cool slightly and chop it finely.
2) Lightly butter four pieces of good sourdough or sandwich bread.
3) Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add one piece of bread, butter side down. Spread on about two tablespoons of peanut butter.
4) Add in a drizzle of honey, sliced banana, and a big handful of chopped bacon.
5) Top with a second piece of bread, butter side up. Cook for about four minutes and flip. Slice and serve immediately!
You can also make this sandwich in a panini press or press the sandwich between two hot cast iron skillets until it’s nicely toasted on both sides.