A sweet loaf of bread that adults and kids will love. Peanut butter and jelly is folded right into the loaf!
1) Mix dry ingredients (flour yeast salt) together in a large bowl.
2) In a blender or food processor, pulse peanut butter together with water and egg until mixture is smooth.
3) Add wet mixture to dry stuff and stir to combine. It should be a pretty wet, sticky dough.
4) Cover dough loosely and let rise for 12-16 hours.
5) Dust dough with flour after it rises and dust a clean surface with flour as well. Turn out dough onto surface and shape it or roll it into a large rectangle (about 8×12).
6) Spread jam all over surface of dough, leaving about 1/2 inch around the edges.
7) Fold the bottom 1/3 of the dough over and then continue to roll the dough up to form a jelly roll of sorts.
8) To prep your loaf pan, butter it well and sprinkle the bottom with half of your peanuts.
9) When jelly roll is finished, tuck the ends under and place it seam-side down in your loaf pan. Cover it and let it rise for another hour.
10) Brush the loaf with egg wash and sprinkle the rest of the chopped peanuts on top.
11) Bake loaf at 450 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Remove from pan as soon as possible and let cool on a wire rack.