1) To peel peaches, cut a “X” on the bottom of each peach and dip them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Let them cool and then the skins should just peel right off.
2) Dice peaches and add them to a bowl with other ingredients except cream and buttermilk. Let macerate for at least 30 minutes, but up to one day.
3) Puree 2 cups of peach mixture and stir in with cream and buttermilk.
4) Churn cream mixture with ice cream maker.
5) Once ice cream is a soft serve consistency, stir in other peach pieces. Mix well.
6) Freeze ice cream, stirring every 30 minutes to break up ice crystals and make sure ice cream is freezing slowly. After stirring a few times, you can let it freeze solid.