Bucatini Pistachio Pesto made with a delicious homemade pistachio pesto with basil, lemon, parmesan, and loads of pistachio!
1 box (12 oz. Barilla® Collezione Bucatini)
2 ounces lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
1 cup packed basil leaves (4 oz.)
½ cup parsley leaves (2.5 oz.)
½ cup fennel fronds and thin stems (2.5 oz.)
1 medium shallot, diced
5 oz. shelled pistachios, plus extra for garnish
5 oz. grated Parmigiano Reggiano plus extra for garnish
12 oz. extra virgin olive oil.
Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, pulse lemon juice, herbs and shallots in food processor until almost a paste, scraping down side of bowl as needed. Add nuts, cheese and salt. Pulse until no whole nuts remain.
- With motor running, add oil in steady stream until well blended. Season with additional salt, if desired.
- Transfer pesto to large deep skillet. Add 1 oz. pasta water and pasta. Toss until well coated, adding additional water as needed.
- Top each serving with additional cheese and nuts.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-gKo.