This recipe for my broccoli gratin will change the mind of any veggie hater. Even if you’ve never liked broccoli, you’ll like this.
1) Chop off broccoli florets. Peel stems with a veggie peeler or knife and cut stems into 1/2-inch sections.
2) Mix up all ingredients except broccoli, bread crumbs, and oil in a bowl.
3) In some lightly salted boiling water, blanch the broccoli for 4-5 minutes until it’s tender. Then drain and move the pieces to a 8×8 baking dish.
4) Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
5) Stir bread crumbs and oil together and top casserole with it.
6) Season with salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees F. For 30-35 minutes. Then broil on high for 3 minutes to brown the bread crumbs.
7) Let cool for five minutes before digging in.