This easy beer bread is a great baking project if you are at home. You don’t need eggs or milk to make it, just pantry staples and beer! If you happen to have some cheddar and herbs sitting around, it helps, but isn’t essential!
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cheddar, and chives or scallions. Stir together well and then pour in beer.
- Stir the batter together until there is no dry flour. Dough should be quite thick.
- Transfer batter to a greased 9×5 loaf pan that has been lightly greased.
- Pour melted butter over the loaf and bake for 55-60 minutes in a 375˚ F oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and serving.
Leftover bread stores great in the fridge for up to a week. Slice and reheat in a skillet or oven for a few minutes. A toaster oven also works great for reheating.