Oatmeal cookies packed with dried cherries and chocolate chips.
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats)
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together butter with both kinds of sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Then mix in eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly mix that into the creamed butter. Stir in rolled oats.
- Very last, fold in dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Making heaping tablespoon-sized cookies out of the dough and spread them out on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheet pans once halfway through. The cookies are done when they are a light golden brown around the edges. It’s okay if they are soft in the center.
- Remove cookies and let cool. Finish cooling on a wire rack. Store cookies in the fridge if storing longer than a day.