These nutritional yeast crackers are savory, crispy, and SO addictive. Make a double batch because they going to go fast.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup olive oil + extra for drizzling
1/2 cup water
Sesame seeds, topping
Nutritional yeast, topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Drizzle in olive oil and water and stir together until the mixture forms a dough. If it’s sticky, add more flour by the tablespoon. If the dough is cracking and dry, add an extra drizzle of water.
- Knead the dough in the bowl a few times to smooth it out. No need to knead it more than a few minutes. Then let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a clean surface into a large rectangle about the size of a baking sheet. The dough should be very thin, but not quite translucent. Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle it with any toppings you want. Extra nutritional yeast is a must, but I also recommend sesame seeds and even a pinch of salt and/or pepper.
- Poke a bunch of holes in the dough with a fork and cut the dough into cracker sized pieces using either a knife or a roller.
- Bake the crackers at 450 degrees F. for 13-15 minutes, rotating them once halfway through. Let cool before breaking apart and serving.
Store extras (yea right) in an airtight bag at room temp for a few days.