These healthy energy balls are the perfect pick-me-up for an afternoon snack! Packed with oatmeal, almond meal, peanut butter, and raisins. Plus, some chocolate because chocolate! Perfect snack for kids!
1 cup rolled oatmeal
1/2 cup almond flour (optional)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, stir together oatmeal, almond flour, raisins, and chocolate chips.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave peanut butter, honey, and vanilla for 20 seconds on high. Then stir together well.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into the oatmeal mixture and stir together until it forms a stiff mixture. You should be able to knead it with your hands, but not really stir it.
- Using your clean hands, roll tablespoon-sized balls of the mixture and place them on wax paper. Repeat until you use all the mixture. You should get about 30.
- You can eat the energy balls right away, but they are best if you let them chill for an hour or so. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-gDh.