This is my take on a classic Nicoise salad with potatoes, asparagus, seared tuna, and other goodies! It’s my favorite summer salad meal. Healthy and filling! Also makes great lunches!
1) Add all the dressing ingredients in the order listed above to a jar and shake it up! Really go to town on it. Be sure to taste it and adjust accordingly.
2) Get a large pot of water boiling with a Tablespoon of salt. Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes first to the dish. After five minutes, carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water.
3) After about 10 more minutes, the eggs and potatoes should be done at the same time. Take them out and toss in the asparagus. Be sure to clip off the ends on the asparagus.
4) The asparagus will only need about 4 minutes. Pull them and rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking.
5) Peel the eggs and toss the asparagus and potatoes (cut them in half after cooking them) with a few Tablespoons of the dressing.
6) Put a skillet over high heat with a bit of oil in it.
7) Coat the tuna with oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Once the oil is very hot in the pan, toss in the tuna.
8) Cook it for 60 seconds on one side and 60 seconds on the other. If you don’t like the tuna rare (blasphemy), then cook it a bit longer on both sides.
9) Pull off the tuna and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it up.
10) Put the salad together and enjoy!