Just in time for fall, this quick mushroom and gnocchi skillet is rich and savory without being too heavy. A perfect weeknight fall meal!
1) Add gnocchi to salted water and cook until the gnocchi are floating and fork tender, about 3-4 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
2) Chop mushrooms into big chunks. I like to use a mix of cremini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, and any other varieties that look good.
3) In a large skillet over medium heat, add Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. Once melted, add mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until mushrooms have released their liquid and are browning in spots.
4) Add onions and garlic and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until veggies are soft.
5) Add vegetable stock and use liquid to scrape up any bits stuck to the pan. Turn heat down to medium low and let simmer for a minute or two.
6) Turn heat down to low and stir in cream and fresh thyme. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
7) Fold in reserved gnocchi and cook until the sauce coats the gnocchi. If the pan seems very dry, add water in ¼ cup batches to loosen the sauce. If it is too watery, continue to simmer, stirring regularly, until it thickens.
Serve while warm.