Chocolate brownies topped with a thick layer of mocha chocolate icing from The Pioneer Woman Cooks book. You want these.
1) Add butter and sugar to a bowl and beat it on medium speed with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. After a few minutes the mixture should be light and fluffy.
2) Carefully and slowly melt chocolate in the microwave on low. 30 second increments is ideal.
3) Add eggs one at a time to the creamed butter and mix together. Then mix in chocolate and vanilla.
4) Mix in your flour in a few batches. Try not to overmix. Just mix enough so the flour is incorporated.
5) Bake the brownies ina 9×13 inch baking pan that’s been lightly buttered. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
6) Let brownies cool completely to room temperature before frosting them.
7) For frosting, mix butter, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl until well combined. Then stir in brewed coffee and mix until it’s light and fluffy.
8) Frost the brownies heavily. It will be a thick layer. Serve immediately or let them chill in the fridge for an hour to firm up a bit.