These vegetarian meatless meatballs are made with a light but flavorful spinach and ricotta mixture. You won’t miss the meat!
1) Mix cheeses together with chopped spinach, oregano, and salt and pepper. Add breadcrumbs and eggs. Try not to add too many breadcrumbs.
2) Mix together lightly. Then form Tablespoon-sized balls with the mixture. Roll them lightly into a ball, coat them with some breadcrumbs, and set on a baking sheet.
3) To pan-fry veggieballs: Add a few Tablespoons of oil into a large skillet. Over medium-high heat, cook the balls turning occasionally until they are browned on all sides.
4) To bake veggiesballs: Add balls to a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle all balls with a bit of oil and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes turning every 10-15 minutes until they are lightly browned all around.
5) For sauce, add a drizzle of oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes. Then add garlic and tomatoes. Stir in spices and balsamic vinegar and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water as it gets thick.
6) Before serving, add balls to the sauce and serve over pasta with extra Parm and chopped parsley.