A big hearty hash that’ll feed a few hungry (or possibly overserved) folks. Inspired by a Matty Matheson recipe.
Recipe from a Matty Matheson recipe.
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 poblano or red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup black beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 large eggs
1 cup grape tomatoes
2-3 radishes, sliced thin
1/2 cup salsa verde
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cube potatoes and add them to a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat along with the oil. Cook potatoes for 15-18 minutes until they are tender and browned.
- Remove potatoes from the skillet and add peppers and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add potatoes back into the skillet and toss together. Add drained and rinsed black beans and halved grape tomatoes. Then crack in four eggs divided around the skillet.
- Top skillet with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and eggs are just set.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with sliced radishes, spoons of salsa verde, and handfuls of fresh scallion and cilantro. Season the skillet with salt and pepper and serve immediately.