- Add bacon to a baking sheet (lined with foil optionally) and bake bacon at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. If you are using thicker bacon, add 5 minutes to the baking time.
- Meanwhile, add maple syrup and halved peppers to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and simmer for a few minutes to infuse syrup with pepper flavor. Don’t heat too long or the syrup will reduce and get too thick. A few minutes is long enough.
- Remove syrup and let cool. When bacon has baked for 15 minutes, remove and brush liberally with the syrup.
- Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes to continue baking. Check bacon.
- Feel free to brush a second time with syrup and bake for a few minutes longer. You can also keep baking the bacon for even crispier bacon, but watch it closely as it can burn.
- Remove bacon and let cool on a few paper towels. Bacon will crisp up as it cools and the syrup candies on the bacon.
- Serve bacon as a side to almost any breakfast!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fJ4.