A simple soba dish with diced mango and seared tofu tossed in a light and spicy dressing. Perfect for dinner and also good for a cold lunch.
1) Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside. You may not need all of the dressing for the soba.
2) Cook soba according to package. Once done, drain, rinse with cold water, and drizzle with a bit of sesame oil so it doesn’t stick.
3) Press tofu block under some weight for a few minutes wrapped in paper towels to press out some moisture. Then cube into 1/2 inch cubes. Sear tofu over high heat with a drizzle of oil until it is seared well, about 6 minutes.
4) Add tofu to soba and toss with some of the dressing.
5) Slice mango into two halves, leaving the large seed in the middle. Take each half and cut a grid into it and then turn it inside out. Cut off mango pieces.
6) Add mango pieces to soba and top with red onion slices and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with extra dressing and serve warm or cold.