1) De-seed and dice the peppers pretty fine. Dice the mangoes.
2) To make the sauce, start by heating up the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic, and peppers and sauté for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until they are soft. Then add the mangos and stir for 5 more minutes.
3) After 5 minutes, add all the other ingredients. Let the sauce simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
4) After the sauce has reduced a bit, taste it! Add some salt if necessary. Maybe add another pepper if the spice level isn’t high enough.
5) While the sauce is cooking, prepare the chicken. In an oven/stove top safe pan, heat a few Teaspoons of oil over high heat and then set the chicken in the pan for about 3 minutes per side. The chicken should brown nicely.
6) Then pour the sauce over the chicken (the sauce should still be boiling hot) and stick the whole thing in the oven for about an hour (30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered) at 325 degrees.
Note: If you don’t have a pan like that, you can sear the chicken in a standard pan and then transfer the chicken to an oven safe baking dish and cover with the sauce and cook for one hour at 300 degrees. You could cover the baking dish with foil for the first 30 minutes to mimic the first option.
At the halfway mark and gently stir the chicken pieces around.
Serve over a bed of rice with some chopped cilantro as a garnish.