A veggie packed minestrone soup base ladled over macaroni. This soup is a fun update of the Italian classic.
1) Cook macaroni according to package. Once cooked, drain, rinse with cold water, and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
2) In a large sturdy pot, like a Dutch oven, add olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and garlic and cook until veggies are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
3) Add thyme, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, and Parm rind and cook for another 30 seconds.
4) Add stock and diced potatoes, cover, and bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. If the soup looks very thick at this point, feel free to add a bit more liquid, water or stock.
5) Add kale and beans and cook until kale is wilted, just a minute or two. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
6) To serve, spoon some macaroni into each bowl and ladle the soup over the pasta.
Store any leftovers (pasta and soup) separately so the soup doesn’t get too thick.