1) Prep all the ingredients. Dice bacon. Cut up broccoli into florets. Grate cheese. Zest and juice lemon.
2) In a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Once boiling, add broccoli florets and boil for 2 minutes until bright. Remove with slotted spoon and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
3) Add bacon to a small pan over medium high heat and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes.
4) Cook pasta in same water as broccoli.
5) Drain pasta and return to same pot. Stir in butter, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, and if you want, a bit of bacon grease.
6) Stir well to combine, then fold in broccoli and bacon.
7) Season with pepper and serve with a handful of Parmesan cheese.