1) For syrup, cut lemons into eighths and add to a medium pot along with sugar and water. Put over medium heat.
2) As syrup heats, stir regularly and mash the lemons to get out juice and oils from the rind.
3) Once simmering, stir for 5 minutes and then remove from heat to cool a bit.
4) Strain to remove any lemon pieces.
5) Add water to measured amount of syrup and sprinkle gelatin over the top.
6) Heat mixture over low heat and stir to dissolve gelatin. It might take 5-10 minutes to get it all dissolved.
7) Remove from heat and add in booze.
8) Pour into an 8×8 dish and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
9) Cut into cubes with a sharp, hot knife (run it under hot water).
10) Serve cubes sprinkled with raw sugar.