If you can get your hands on some fresh kumquats, this is a must-try cocktail. Refreshing and zesty and perfect for any occasion – winter or spring!
- Make simple syrup in advance by heating water and sugar in a small pot until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Make a cocktail by halving kumquats and adding to a cocktail shaker with mint. Muddle well.
- Add fresh lime, rum, simple syrup, and ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Add mojito to a cocktail glass with all the ice from the shaker as well.
- Garnish with slices of kumquat sprinkled with sugar and/or fresh mint leaves.
NOTE: Kumquats have lots of little seeds. Just muddle these into the drink. No need to strain them out.