Baked crispy and seasoned quinoa is the perfect salty/sweet topping for a huge range of dishes. It’s your new favorite pantry thing!
2 cups cooked quinoa
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon sea (or kosher) salt
- Rinse quinoa well with cold water. Then simmer until just cooked through. Be very careful to not overcook it. If it’s too sticky or soggy, this recipe won’t work as the quinoa will never get crunchy.
- When the quinoa still has a very tiny bite to it, like al dente pasta, strain quinoa and return it to a hot pot off the heat. Cover and steam for a few minutes.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and spread out on a baking sheet to cool and dry for 10-15 minutes. Quinoa should be dry to the touch and room temperature. It should easily separate into individual grains.
- Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to a bowl with melted butter, brown sugar, and salt. Stir together well.
- Spread out quinoa on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes. Check on it after 10 and 15 minutes and stir it if the edges are getting to browned.
- When quinoa is browned and crispy remove from oven and let cool.
- Store kettle quinoa in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge. Sprinkle it on everything!