A slightly spicy and slightly healthier take on a traditional buttermilk ranch dressing. Great as a dip or as a salad dressing.
1) Dice garlic clove and add it to a bowl with a pinch of salt. Using a fork, mash the garlic and salt together to form a garlic paste.
2) Mince all the fresh herbs and add them the garlic paste. Mash them all together a bit and combine them well.
3) Mince jalapeno finely and add to the bowl. If you want the dressing to be really spicy, leave in seeds and pith of the pepper.
4) Add mayonnaise and greek yogurt to the bowl and stir well. Add in lime juice as well.
5) Thin the dressing out with buttermilk until it’s the desired consistency. For a dip I would use 1/4 cup, for a dressing, use 1/2 cup.
6) Stir or shake dressing together well and use immediately or store for a week or two in the fridge.