Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
- 18 wonton cups
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
These jalapeno popper wonton cups pack some heat and are much healthier than the classic version thanks to some smart swaps!
1) Press wonton wrappers into a lightly greased mini muffin tin. Bake at 375 degrees F. until cups are crispy and browned around the edges, 8-10 minutes.
2) Simultaneously, add bacon strips and jalapenos to a baking sheet and bake until bacon is crispy and jalapenos are blistered, about 18-20 minutes. Remove and let cool briefly (transfer bacon to a few paper towels to drain grease).
3) In a medium bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, cheese, chives, garlic powder, salt, 1 roasted jalapeno (seeded and diced) and 3 strips of crunchy bacon, chopped.
4) Chop the remaining bacon for a topping on each cup and seed the remaining jalapenos. Slice the jalapeno into thin strips for a garnish.
5) When ready to serve, spoon the filling into each wonton cup. Top with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon and a jalapeno slice.
These can be made well in advance, but don’t assemble the cups until right before serving so the wonton cups stay crispy.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-g6W.