My new favorite side dish for a party! This delicious salad is packed with grilled veggies, mozzarella, basil and a light dressing.
1) Cook couscous according to package. When it’s tender, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
2) Cut zucchini and squash into 1/4-inch thick slices longwise. Thicker is better than thinner. Cut the red pepper into quarters. Toss vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
3) For dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of honey.
4) Preheat grill to high heat. Once hot, grill veggies for 3-4 minutes per side until they have nice grill marks.
5) Remove vegetables from grill and chop them into large chunks.
6) Toss cooked couscous with a few spoonfuls of dressing. Then fold in grilled vegetables followed by cubed mozzarella and slivered basil. Drizzle over remaining dressing and taste the salad. Season it as needed with salt and pepper.
You can easily make this salad in advance and store it in the fridge until needed. It only gets better after chilling for a few hours.