These beautiful apps are simple to make but have big flavors! Great for a party or pile them up for a quick unofficial meal!
2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
Classic or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
4 oz. goat cheese (opt.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place potato rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easier clean up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast rounds for 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potato rounds. Then pipe on a dollop of hummus (either classic or roasted red pepper works well). I like to just use a plastic bag with the tip snipped off.
- Optionally, you can crumble on some goat cheese.
- Return rounds to the oven and bake for another 12-15 minutes until the rounds are lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove rounds and garnish with microgreens (optional).
Serve while warm, but they are also good at room temperature.