1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together chopped tomatoes, artichokes, kalamata olives, red peppers, scallions, oregano, chili powder, and salt. Transfer mixture to a mesh strainer and let strain so the liquid can run off.
2) Divide pizza dough into one-pound sections and roll each section out into a large rectangle. Cut the dough into roughly 2-inch squares. They don’t have to be perfect!
3) Spread about a teaspoon of hummus on each square, then top with a pinch of grated mozzarella cheese and a spoonful of the vegetable mixture. Be sure to leave room to fold the dough over.
4) Whisk egg and water together to form an egg wash. Brush the edges of each square with the egg wash and fold the dough over the filling, turning each square into a pizza pocket. Repeat with all the squares. (Patience is a virtue.)
5) Transfer pizza pockets to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake the pizza pockets at 400 degrees F. for about 25 minutes until the dough is puffed and browned. Some of the pizza pockets might burst a bit if they weren’t sealed all the way. That’s okay!
6) Let pizza pockets cool a bit and then serve them while warm!