Say hello to your new favorite salad topper. These perfectly seasoned, crispy cubes of ramen are so much fun as salad toppers!
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook ramen according to instructions. Drain ramen and rinse with cold water.
2) Stir together egg and 2 spice packets. You can use all three if you want them really salty. Add water.
3) Add cooked and rinsed noodles to the egg and stir together well so noodles are lightly coated.
4) Spread noodles out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make a rough rectangle out of the noodles that is about 1/2-inch thick. Cover with a second piece of parchment paper, add a second sheet pan on top and put something heavy on it for 10 minutes to press the noodles.
5) Remove weight and top parchment and bake for 15 minutes.
6) Use a sharp knife to cut noodles into squares. Don’t separate them just yet though. Just cut them. Then bake for another 10 minutes.
7) Now the noodles should be firm enough to separate. Break up the croutons on the sheet. Bake for another 10-15 minutes to crisp them up.
Serve ramen croutons on salad once they have cooled slightly. Store any leftover in an airtight container for a few days or in the fridge for longer. They will lose some of their crispiness if you store them in the fridge.