How to Make Instant Oatmeal for the week with steel-cut oats, dried fruit, and all the toppings. Simplify your breakfast routine with this delicious recipe!
1) Bring water to a simmer in a large pot with a pinch of salt.
2) Once simmering, stir in oats and let simmer for 30-40 minutes until oats are tender. It’s okay if they still have some bite to them. If they get really thick, feel free to add a bit more water. Stir regularly to make sure they don’t stick to the bottom. Heat should be on medium-low to medium.
3) Once oats are mostly cooked, stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and dried strawberries. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
4) Transfer to a storage container and store in the fridge for up to five days.
1) Scoop out 1/2-3/4 cup of oat mixture and mash with a spoon in a bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons of milk to the oats and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
2) Top oats with banana slices, fresh blueberries, and peanut butter.