1) Separate whites from yolks. Feel free to save yolks for homemade mayo or some other purpose!
2) Whisk egg whites until they are frothy. You don’t want them to be meringues though, just to have some bubbles and air in them.
3) Heat a small omelet skillet over low heat. Once hot add butter and melt.
4) When butter is melted, add whisked egg whites and let cook for a minute. Then use a rubber spatula to scrape uncooked egg white to the outside and push cooked egg white to center. It should cook fairly quickly.
5) When the egg whites are cooked through (about 2 minutes), season omelet with salt and pepper and add Parmesan cheese to the center (optional). Carefully grip skillet and slide omelet out, flipping the pan as you roll so the omelet folds over itself.
6) Top omelet with more Parmesan and fresh chives. Serve immediately!