Easy tips for hosting a fun and successful picnic; plus my recipe for delicious, party-ready Sesame Salmon Spring Rolls!
Quick dipping sauce:
1) Sprinkle salmon with sesame oil and coarse salt. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Sear salmon in a large skillet, skin-side up for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Then flip and transfer to oven and roast for 5-6 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
3) Remove from oven and let cook, then slice skin off of salmon and flake it into large pieces.
4) Prepare other spring roll ingredients: chop lettuce, grate carrots, mince mint, cook rice noodles and run them under cold water to stop cooking. Whisk together sauce.
5) TO make a spring roll, add a rice paper wrapper to a plate with hot water and flip a few times. Let soak for about 10 seconds until the paper loosens up.
6) Transfer wrapper to a clean surface and put a small handful of noodles in the middle. Top with 1.5-2 ounces of salmon along with lettuce, carrot, and mint.
7) Fold ends over filling and roll it tightly, trying to keep tension on the wrapper as you roll it so the filling stays nice and tight in the spring roll. When done, store on a clean plate and repeat until your filling is done. You should get 8-10 spring rolls.
8) You can either chop the spring rolls in half or just leave them whole and serve them with the dipping sauce!