Homemade tater tots made with leftover mashed potatoes. Very delicious!
1) Peel and slice potatoes.
2) Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes in salted water until the potato pieces are fork tender. Then drain them and transfer them to a bowl.
3) Using a fork, mush up potatoes and let them cool for a few minutes until they are room temperature or slightly warmer.
4) Add milk, butter, and egg. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper.
5) Drop a few teaspoons of mashed potatoes in bowl of crust. Roll them around until they are coated all the way around.
6) Pick up each tot and shape it easily in your hand. Just make a light fist around the tot while pinching it on the ends with your other hand. That will make it shape into the cylinder you are probably familiar with.
7) Transfer it to a baking sheet and repeat!
8) Heat oil to 350 degrees.
9) Cook them in batches for about 5-7 minutes per batch.
10) Scoop out of the oil, transfer them to a paper towel and salt them immediately
11) Serve with sauce – ranch, chili sauce, ketchup, etc.