This easy recipe shows you how to make your own homemade taco bowl big enough to hold an entire taco salad! Simple and delicious!
Homemade Taco Bowls:
To Make Taco Bowls:
1) For each tortilla, light spray or brush a tortilla on both sides with oil (I like avocado oil, but any neutral oil will work). Warm tortilla in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 30 seconds per side and make sure the tortilla is lightly coated with warm oil.
2) Drape tortilla over a medium sized (16 ounce is good) ramekin. Crimp edges so the tortilla sits in a circle and no edges pop up. Cover the tortilla tightly with foil so it holds its shape.
3) Bake tortilla and ramekin for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil. Bake for another 10 minutes.
4) Use a fork to gently lift tortilla off of ramekin and let cool. Repeat with other tortillas. It’s easiest if you have more than one ramekin obviously.
For taco bowl filling:
1) Toast spices briefly in a dry pan. Add to ground beef and cook over medium heat until beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and adjust spice levels to your liking.
2) Add in drained beans and cook for another minute or two. Remove from heat.
3) Wash, dry, and chop lettuce. Add a layer of lettuce to bottom of each taco shell. Be sure lettuce is dry.
4) Top lettuce with about a good amount of the beef mixture then top with any additional toppings you would like.
5) Serve immediately!