Recipe for crispy homemade potato chips tossed with an addictive spicy and sweet seasoning mix. These are delicious!
1) Mix together spice mixture.
2) Wash potatoes well and slice them thinly with a mandoline slicer. Add sliced potatoes to a big bowl of cold water to rinse off starch.
3) Heat oil to 350 degrees. Use a thermometer to make sure it is the right temperature.
4) Working in small batches, remove a handful of slices and dry them on a few paper towels. Then carefully add them to the fryer.
5) Fry chips for about 8 minutes until they are slightly brown and not bubbling. That means all the water is evaporated!
6) Scoop out chips and let them drain on a paper towel. Season immediately with seasoning mix.
7) Repeat until all the chips are fried.
The chips will get more crispy as they cool.