1) Mix together spice mixture.
2) Wash potatoes well and slice them thinly with a mandoline slicer. Add sliced potatoes to a big bowl of cold water to rinse off starch.
3) Heat oil to 350 degrees. Use a thermometer to make sure it is the right temperature.
4) Working in small batches, remove a handful of slices and dry them on a few paper towels. Then carefully add them to the fryer.
5) Fry chips for about 8 minutes until they are slightly brown and not bubbling. That means all the water is evaporated!
6) Scoop out chips and let them drain on a paper towel. Season immediately with seasoning mix.
7) Repeat until all the chips are fried.
The chips will get more crispy as they cool.