Delicious little homemade peppermint patties. Soft, minted interior coated with rich chocolate and topped with some crunchy festive candies!
1) In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, cream, corn syrup, lemon juice, and extracts. Then add powdered sugar in batches until the dough form a stiff ball.
2) Roll the dough out on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. It should 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Freeze the dough for 10 minutes.
3) Use a small cookie cutter to cut rounds out of the dough. You should get at least 24, but maybe more. Refreeze the peppermint rounds while you prepare the chocolate.
4) Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over gentle heat until it’s silky smooth and melted. Watch the temp on the chocolate and try to melt it slowly so it doesn’t get too hot and seize up.
5) When chocolate is silky smooth, dip each peppermint round in chocolate and use a fork to shake off any excess. Return each round to the baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed candies. Let chocolate harden on the candies.
6) Store extra chocolates in the fridge.