A photo walk through of making mayonnaise from scratch. Be careful though. Once you try this you won’t able to eat any other mayonnaise ever.
1) Whisk yolk, water, and salt together in a large bowl.
2) Drizzle in a few drops of oil while whisking. Do this a few times until the yolk mixture starts to lighten in color.
3) Continue adding oil, drizzling in a bit more each time while whisking.
4) As the sauce firms up, you can drizzle in more oil each time.
5) When the oil is all mixed in, the mayo should be very thick. Serve with whatever you can put it on!