- Work through all your cuts of beef and trim them into fat pieces and lean pieces. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Try to chop the fat into small 1/2-inch pieces and the lean meat into larger 1-inch pieces.
- Run the fat through your meat grinder on a smaller grind and set aside.
- Run the lean meat through your grinder on a larger grind.
- In a large bowl, stir together fat and lean meat. Try to mix it well, but it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Run the combination through the grinder a second time on the larger grind.
- Portion the ground meat into 1 1/3 pound portions and vacuum seal them. This works out to 4 6 ounce burgers per package.
- Freeze packages thoroughly and use within 6 months.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-gPE.