To make the Pate a Choux dough:
1) Add butter, salt, sugar, and water to a medium pot and bring it to a simmer over medium heat until butter is melted.
2) Weigh out bread flour and add to pan. Stir until flour is incorporated and the dough is thick. Turn heat down to low and cook dough for a minute or two. It should be slightly springy but hold its shape when poked.
3) Transfer dough to a metal bowl and let it cool for five minutes.
4) Start stirring eggs into dough one at a time. At some point start using a whisk to stir dough and mix in the eggs until they are well incorporated.
5) Add thick batter to a pastry bag.
6) Heat oil in a wide pan until it is 350 degrees. Then pipe in batter to make a small circle of strands.
7) Fry cake until it is lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
8) Remove and let drain, then sprinkle heavily with powdered sugar and serve immediately.