Homemade Fish Sticks with a slightly spicy breading and a spicy jalapeno dill tartar sauce! These aren’t your childhood fish sticks, give them a try!
Jalapeno Tartar Sauce:
1) For tartar sauce, mince jalapeno and mint and stir ingredients together. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking. Store in the fridge until needed.
2) Slice cod (or other white fish) into planks 3-4 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. In a small bowl, toss together flour and 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until smooth, and in a third bowl stir together panko breadcrumbs with another tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3) Add fish to flour and toss lightly, then add to egg and coat. Finally move to Panko and press on breadcrumbs. Transfer fish sticks to a baking sheet. Let rest for five minutes before frying (or can be made in advance and store in the fridge).
4) Preheat oil to 350 degrees F. Be sure to use a deep fry thermometer to make sure the oil is the right temperature.
5) Fry fish sticks for about 5 minutes total until they are a deep golden brown and cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish sticks.
6) Remove fish sticks and let drain on a paper towel. Serve while hot with lemons and tartar sauce.