1) Mix Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter and sugar in a bowl until creamed together and smooth. Add egg and mix on medium speed. Add milk and lemon zest and pulse to combine.
2) In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Then add that to the butter mixture and beat on low, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
3) Divide dough into two balls and wrap tightly with plastic. Refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight) until firm.
4) When ready to bake, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with round cookie cutters. Place cookies on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies at 400 degrees F. until they are lightly browned around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.
5) Make glaze by combining powdered sugar, lemon juice, butter, corn syrup, and vanilla in a bowl. Beat until smooth at medium speed. Glaze should hold its shape. If it’s too liquid, add more powdered sugar. If it’s dry, add water by the teaspoon until it’s the right consistency.
6) Glaze cookies and decorate. Let stand for 6 hours for glaze to harden. Then wrap with butcher’s twine. You can also wrap first with plastic wrap.