1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small food processor, pulse hazelnuts until they are in a coarse ground meal.
2) Add ground nuts to coconut, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Stir together.
3) Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat egg whites until they hold firm peaks. Then gently fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
4) Scoop coconut mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets in heaping tablespoon balls. You should get roughly 2 dozen.
5) Bake macaroons at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes until they are nicely browned. Remove macaroons from oven and let cool.
6) Melt chocolate in a double boiler until it’s silky smooth. Be careful to heat it gently so it doesn’t seize. Ideally you want it to hit 120 degrees F.
Dip each macaroon in chocolate and return it to the parchment paper to cool. Drizzle macaroons with any extra chocolate.