A quick and easy dessert that folds sweet mandarin oranges and chocolate into fried wonton wrappers.
1) Melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter in a medium-sized pan. Add both cans of drained mandarin oranges. Bring it to a simmer, stirring in the cinnamon and cayenne as the mixture cooks. Continue to simmer the filling until it has reduced by half, about twenty minutes.
2) Cool filling to room temperature.
3) Cut chocolate into 28 small pieces.
4) Lay out your wonton wrappers on a clean surface and place one piece of chocolate on each of them. Once the filling is cool enough to work with, divide it among each wonton, about 1 tablespoon per wrapper.
5) Lightly rub the sides of the won ton wrappers with water, and then fold in half. It is very important that you get a good seal on each wonton.
6) In a large pan, heat your oil for frying to 325-350 degree Fahrenheit. Once your oil is nice and hot, it should only take about two minutes per batch, until they come out golden brown and crispy but not burnt.
7) After the wontons are golden brown, remove them and place the completed wontons on a paper towel to drain until you have cooked every batch, and then toss in cinnamon sugar.