Fried little bites of guacamole, queso fresco, and crumbled corn chips make for maybe the best Tex-Mex appetizer out there.
1) In a large bowl, mash together avocados, onion, Serrano pepper, spices, cornmeal, and queso fresco.
2) Scoop guacamole into small rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until you have used all the guacamole. Freeze guacamole balls for about at least 90 minutes until they are frozen.
3) Whisk eggs, and stir together finely crushed corn tortilla chips and cornmeal for the breading.
4) When guacamole is frozen, remove and dip each tot in egg, then coat well in the corn mixture. Return to the baking sheet and repeat with all the tots. Return to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
5) Preheat oil to 350 degrees F. for frying.
6) Fry tots in batches for 4-5 minutes until tots are golden brown on the outside.
7) Let tots cool and drain on a few paper towels after they come out of the fryer. Drizzle with hot sauce and a squirt of lime and serve while warm!