A delicious homemade omelet stuffed with a chunky, spicy guacamole. Serving it with tortilla chips is very important!
1) To make guacamole, mince shallot and Serrano very finely. Cube avocado and add it the bowl and mash everything together. It’s okay to keep it a bit chunky.
2) Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
3) Add a dab of butter to an omelet skillet (nonstick) over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add scrambled eggs (2 eggs scrambled well with 1 tablespoon water).
4) As egg cooks, use a spatula to push the cooked egg to the center of the pan. Tilt the pan as you do this so the uncooked egg flows out and comes in contact with hot pan. Keep doing this until the egg is mostly cooked. There should be a light layer of uncooked egg on top of the omelet.
5) Add half of the guacamole to half of the omelet and return to heat. Cook for 20-30 seconds.
6) Slide omelet out of the pan onto a plate, folding it as you slide to form the traditional omelet shape. If you want the egg cooked more, you can fold it over in the pan using a spatula and continue to cook until the egg is completely cooked through.
7) Garnish omelet with cilantro and hot sauce and serve with tortilla chips!