If you don’t want to bother with heating up your oven, here’s how you can make a perfect pizza on the grill!
1) To make dough, combine water, oil, sugar, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl. Stir together and let sit for 5 minutes to make sure yeast is active. It should bubble.
2) Stir in flour until it’s well-incorporated and forms a ball. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Then mix either with your hands or with a stand mixer. If using hands, repeatedly dip one hand in water and work the dough vigorously until it’s smooth, about 8 minutes. If using a mixer, mix with dough hook until smooth, about 6 minutes. If at any point, the dough is very sticky, mix in more flour.
3) Cut dough into 4 even pieces, coat with olive oil and add to a large plastic bag. Let rest for 20-30 minutes.
4) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
5) Remove from fridge at least an hour before making pizza.
6) Prepare other ingredients. If you’re using any meat or large veggies, pre-cook them.
7) Mix sauce and shred cheese.
8) Heat grill to high and clean it well. Rub the grates with some oil.
9) Roll out two pizzas and lay them directly on the grates. Most grills should be able to fit too pizzas at once.
10) Cook dough for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface of the dough.
11) Remove from heat and flip pizzas over on a baking sheet that’s been lightly oiled.
12) Top pizzas with sauce, cheese, and toppings.
13) Slice pizzas back onto grill. Turn heat down to medium-high. Close lid.
14) Cook pizzas for 8-10 minutes, turning pizza 90 degrees half way through. The crust should be a deep brown and very crispy.
15) Remove from grill and cool for a minute before serving!